Monday, December 3, 2007

Who's Getting Old???????

My baby (well one of them) has now turned 13. The big 1 3! Oh my goodness! Where did time go. I'm to young to have a child that old and let alone in high school. Phew....what a big year for parents to handle. Your oldest child starting high school at the beginning of the year and the same child turning 13 at the end of the year.

I just can't believe it. My baby....well now not my baby! He is starting to turn into a beautiful young man. Troy and I are so thankful and blessed that we have a health and happy young man. I just don't want those hormones to kick in! I'm not ready to deal with that.

All he wanted to do for his birthday was have his special meal...... KFC .... lucky for Mum that I got out of cooking, but unlucky for Mum as she couldn't be bothered getting anything else for herself so the choice was KFC Twister. I can't be choosey when I can't be bothered. But he loved it all the same. Even the expensive Woolworths Mud Cake with Double Thickened King Island Cream. Impressed I know!





It has been pretty funny this year with Matthew starting high school. He has had his fair share of girl friends so far, well actually quite a few. He likes them taller than him, blonde and at this stage developed.

I think the longest girlfriend lasted for about 2 weeks and the shortest girlfriend lasted for about 12 hours. I just love his comments about them when I find out that these young girls aren't on the scene any more "It isn't leading anywhere and they want to hang around to much and kiss to much". The innocents of it all. To be young again.

Troy and I know that the next year will be quite a challenge for him (and definately us) as he is at that stage where kids stuff is still fun but just that "kids stuff" and he isn't quite old enough to do other things.

I think back to when he was a baby, the first born on both sides of our families and you want them to walk, talk etc. But now all I want is for him to stay exactly like he is. I don't want to lose that little boy who loves to give me cuddles and kisses (only at home) and not a chance when you drop him off at school. But you just never know, deep down I think when he gets much older he still will cuddle Mum.

And Matthew don't forget you will always be my baby boy, my little Man. I love you so much!

1 comments:

Rowena said...

Happy birthday big boy :)