Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bi-Athletes

Last night at Goulburn Rep hockey trials an aquaintance told me about triathalons that are held at the Goulburn Swimming Pool on Tuesday evenings from 6 pm. Amy-Jane overhead me talking to Toni and said that she would like to see what this is about.

So tonight the four of us went off to the pool and was exposed to the world of fitness! Argh!

Fit people every! About 5.45 pm this evening I said to the kids lets get ready and go and have a look at this Aquathon stuff. So off we go.

We arrrived not knowing anybody and anything about serious fitness stuff..... We were directed to the Novice Organiser and the next thing you know I am completing form and Troy was directed with the kids towards the pool.

AJ stripped off into her swimmers and jumped into the pool to complete her very first bi-athalon with Matthew close behind. They had to swim 100 m and then jog 2 kms.

Troy and I was pleasantly surprised at the swimming leg, then onto the jogging. They got straight out of the pool and got themselves straight into their joggers and off they went. They looked so gorgeous and so into it.

Matthew and AJ both made good timing for their first event. Troy and I were extremely proud of them, our babies! Wow! To have their energy and determination.

We also rang and told the grandparents about the childrens efforts. I love it when I see the enjoyment in my childrens faces when they really want to achieve something.

I am so very proud of both of them. They can't wait until next Tuesday and are already discussing their training schedule for the week. Cute!

I will make sure that I have the camera next time as well as joggers for Mummy to run for encouragement (or really more likely power walk with the girl child when she has a stitch to ensure that she is breathing correctly). Anyway news just to hand.... the father thingk that he would have a "Crack at it". Yeah right... And as I am the Queen of all the Bling in the World". Bring it on! If you think you can do it, so can I (Oooophs.... do I have the time, the want and most importantly can I bring the laptop with me to do digital LO whilst I bi-athlete???) LOL!

Possibilities for Microsoft?????? Endless!

1 comments:

Carolina said...

Sounds great Leisa but we SOO need photos!! especially of you and Troy bi-athloning *wink*